Monday, July 7, 2008

Orlando Florida Vacation 2008

We took our family vacation to Orldando, Florida.  We thought it was about time we did the Disney thing before our kids got too big!  Disneyworld was a bit of a disappointment but Universal Studios was a hit and so were the great beaches.  The first week we stayed at the Orange Lake Resort in Kissimmee and then we spent the rest of our time at the Hilton Seaworld Resort.  We did so many things while there that I'm having a hard time remembering it all!  We went to Clearwater Beach, Daytona Beach, Disneyworld MGM, Universal Studios, golfing, swimming,  putt putt golf, Disney Interactive, rented a boat on Orange Lake and relaxed at the pool and lazy river.  The only complaint was that it was so HOT and humid!  We are not conditioned for that kind of weather here in the northwest!  We had a great time and enjoyed the break from our busy lives.    Here are some photos of the trip.



Britton and Jordan being difficult about smiling for the camera (what's new)!  They say most of the photos I take are of Maddy.  Well, that is true because she is the only one that will actually let me take a photo of her and not be difficult.  The next photo I took after this one (I didn't post it) is of Jordan doing the same thing with his mouth as Britton is in this one and Britton laughing!  I can't win!
Maddy, Craig, and Cameron in the pool at the Hilton.  Cool waterfall!
Miss Maddy swimming.  
Britton and Jordan at Dayton Beach on the 4th of July.  There were races going on at the Daytona Speedway and they wanted so badly to get tickets and go in.  We weren't feeling that spontaneous though and all they got to do was hear the race cars from the outside!
Cameron and Maddy playing in the sand at Daytona Beach.
Maddy and her Daddy at the Hard Rock Cafe, Orlando.  Biggest Hard Rock in the world!  It was huge!  We were so tired after our long day at Universal Studios.
Craig and Jordan having a father-son moment.  I know Jordan loved getting a big kiss from Dad!
Maddy at the kids play area at Universal Studios.
Family photo outside Disneyworld MGM/Hollywood.  It was so hot and humid.  The lines were so long!  I guess I should have taken an after photo because not long after this we were wondering why we had spent the money on Disneyworld!  The stunt show was pretty cool so I guess that made up for some of it but poor Maddy was close to heat exhaustion.  She doesn't do well in the heat!  We had a great time as a family and are bummed we have to come home and go back to real life.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds fun except for the heat. Are you done globetrotting for a while? I never see you any more.

satcy said...

What a fun vacation. I love Florida. Aaron and I went to Disneyworld for our 10th anniversary. I'm jealous you had warm weather. Thanks for the tips on camping food. I didn't get it unitl we got home, but we did have the tin foil dinners. Yum!

Sarah J. said...

Sounds like a great trip- glad you were able to get away and do a little R&R!!! Welcome back!!!

debi said...

Holly My Jolly did that look fun. I love the one of Craig kissing Jordan and how about those blue eyes on that Maddy! What a dolly. Your sinus sister - deb

The Dillon 6 said...

FUN vacation. And it's not the heat that will kill you -- it's always the humidity! ;)

Iva said...

It looks like all of you had a great time! I can't wait until A.J. is old enough to take him on fun vacations and trips. Lately he has been in a whining stage...

Love the pictures I can't believe how big the kids are and how pretty Maddie is.

Melain said...

I can practically smell the water just looking at those pictures. I wanna go play in Florida too! Can you bring me next time?

Melain said...

and ps... KIM NELSON?!! He and his wife are among my very closest friends! That is so funny! I bet you loved that long conversation. I could talk to Kim for DAYS and not notice the time go by. Your cabin is in good hands there. :)

Taylor and Aidan's mom said...

Sounds like fun.... John and I were in Daytona Beach from June 28- July 2nd. Small world imagine if we bumped into each other. We were there for his work so we did not get too much beach time.