Monday, July 14, 2008

Kent Cornucopia Soccer Tournament



This past weekend Jordan and Cameron played in the Kent Cornucopia Soccer Tournament. It was a game filled weekend.  Cameron's team, which I coach is with the Maple Valley Rapids program.  They are the first ever U10 Developmental team which is the select program for kids at this age.  They placed 4th overall in their bracket which was pretty great since these were the the first real games they have played together.   I didn't get a photo of them.  I'm hoping I'll be able to add a photo of them later on if one of my parents sends one on.  Cameron played great, especially the last game. He had a great time finally being able to play like his big brothers do on a real "select" team.
Jordan plays for the Federal Way Storm boys U15 team.  This is the team I've coached for the past 2 years.  This year though, I opted to step down as the head coach and just be the assistant.  It's too hard coaching both teams and this was a better alternative for me.  I'm still able to be involved in the training and development of the kids.  We made it to the final but lost a tough game.  We had no subs and had some injuries and it was pretty darn hot.  Jordan scored a goal in the first game we played on Friday and had a great time playing. 
Jordan's U15 Storm Black Team, 2nd place 

No comments: