Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day In Seattle








We decided to bail on church and spend Mother's Day with my parents in Seattle.  We met up with my parents and then headed north for a trip to the Imax Theater.  We saw the film "Grand Canyon" and it was really good.  We then headed down to the waterfront where we went to the CrabPot for a late lunch.  We feasted on crab and then headed up to the top of Queen Anne Hill to Kerry Park where my Dad took some photos of us with the Seattle skyline in the back.  Had it been a clear day, we would have been able to see Mt. Rainier but the clouds won out so you'll have to imagine it there!  We then headed over to Ballard and went to the Ballard Locks.  I haven't been there since I was little so it was neat to take my kids there.  On our way back, we were seeing a bunch of crab boats and since Deadliest Catch is one of our favorite shows, we decided to drive by the boats to see if we could see one of our favorites.  Britton said he saw the Northwestern (our favorite boat) and I thought he was joking but he wasn't and there she was!  We finished off the day with a drive thru Wallingord and stopped at Dicks, my Dad's favorite place and got some burgers and shakes.  Dad doesn't like seafood much so Dicks was an inevitable stop! 
  It was such a fun day.  Wish we could have more days like this more often.  We used to have more time to do this kind of stuff when our kids were littler but now with them all doing so many things, it's getting harder and harder to find a down day where we can all be together and do something special.
It was great to have a day with my Mom and Dad and my Mom and I had a great mothers day together and neither one of us had to cook!

7 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day. It must have felt SO GOOD to be out and about again!!! :)

Wendy said...

Sounds fun! Makes me anxious to start taking day trips again.

Bennett Family said...

sounds like fun! glad you're up and about again!

The Dillon 6 said...

woohoo for the Northwestern! ;)

I always forget there is a Dick's in Seattle...I used to go to the one in Spokane in HS ~ we called it "Richard's Fine Dining & Cuisine."

Happy Mother's Day!!

Sarah J. said...

Love all the pictures- especially the one of Madeline. So cute. What a fun day! Happy Mother's Day to YOU! :)

Corey and Lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day (belated)! Those are some great pics. I esp. love the one of Maddi!

Melain said...

You sinner. ;)

You're next post will, no doubt, be about Father's Day. So I guess I won't be seeing you in church?

Nice to connect with you in Blogville.

xoxoxo