Friday, November 28, 2008

My Little Irish Twins/Flashback Friday


My Little Irish Twins.  Cameron's 1st birthday and Maddy is 3 1/2 weeks old!


Right now, Cameron and Maddy are both nine!  They are 11 months and 3 days apart.   I remember crying the day I found out I was pregnant with Maddy.  Cameron was 5 months old and I was already about 11 weeks along before I knew.  I couldn't fathom having TWO babies!   I called my Mom and cried my eyes out to her about how overwhelmed I was!  
At the time, Craig was in his last year of dental school, we were living in Portland.   We were managing 55 apartments (one of the worst jobs on earth!) and I was also managing the collections and A/R for the company I continue to work for now.  We were crammed into a 3 bedroom apartment and one of the bedrooms was the office with an outer door.  


I was so embarrassed to tell anyone I was pregnant again but I couldn't hide it for long with this pregnancy.  I had to go to Craig's dental school graduation and see everyone's reaction to my pregnancy.  "Didn't you just HAVE a BABY?" ..............  What do you say when people say that.   We left the apartments in the middle of June and Craig left for San Antonio for Officer Basic Training School with the Army.   There was no way I was staying in Portland alone with the three boys (6, 5, 6mos), pregnant and managing the apartments with a pool that had to be cleaned 2 times a day.   I didn't have anywhere to live so I ended up driving to Idaho and staying with Craig's mom for a month and then I came up to Washington and stayed with my parents for the rest of the summer.  It was the longest summer of my life.  I cried EVERY day!  Cameron would wake up 10 times a night and Brit and Jordan were a handful.  
When Craig came home finally after 11 weeks, I literally wept tears of relief when he came off the plane!  I was so exhausted and pregnant!  By that time we had found out that surprise baby #4 was going to be a girl.  I call her my "reward"!   We moved into a rental house in Lacey while Craig was stationed at Ft. Lewis for a year while he did his AEGD residency.  Maddy decided to come about 3 weeks early and thus, the 11 month apart deal.  I was sooooo happy to not be pregnant anymore!
These two have been inseparable from the day Maddy was born.  They still sleep together in the same bed.  They've moved to Cameron's room now but last year, they slept in Maddy's room.  One under the covers on one end and the other on top of the covers at the other end.  It's so funny.  Cameron is sorta like Maddy's security blanket.  She never wants to go anywhere unless Cameron comes along.   He pretends that it annoys him now but I think he really likes it.  They have their moments these days but I think they will always be close!  If I get something for one of them, each one always asks "What about Maddy or what about Cameron"?  They always look out for each other.  Now that the baby day's are over, it's pretty fun!  I still don't know how I survived!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't know how you survived either. You're a strong woman.

Love that last picture.

Unknown said...

What a great post! I have never seen the picture of them in black and white! That is an amazing picture!

the family thorpe said...

That last picture has to be the sweetest picture ever! What a neat post. They are so cute with each other.

ammunk said...

oh I love these kids!!

Iva said...

They are so adorable and cute!

Scheris said...

wow, what a story. I am more impressed with you all now! Good job getting through all that. You do have your rewards now.