Thursday, July 16, 2009

Missing Jordan


I know, it's been seven months since I've done a blog post.   I only have one child at home tonight and found myself in the mood to do some blogging. Jordan is gone for a month,  Britton is in Portland with his soccer team and Maddy is on a sleep over at her cousin's so it's just Cameron home tonight with us.  It's strange to have the house so quiet.

Jordan is in Minnesota at the Jay Robb 28 day wrestling camp.  I stopped in to see him on my way home from Pennsylvania and made my lay over two days long.  It was great to see him as he'd been gone almost two weeks.  I think he was pretty glad to see his mommy too.  The camp is very intensive and he looked a little homesick, not that he would have admitted it but a mom knows these things.  I cried when I left him to come home as I knew he still have 2+ weeks to go and the camp is so hard that many quit and come home.   He's one tough kid and I know he wished I could have stayed longer but said he knew I needed to get home to see the other kids.  

The one thing I know about this kid is that he's not a quitter.  He's an incredibly determined kid and does not quit no matter how hard something is.  He's doing great at the camp and has high hopes of going far in the next few years in wrestling. I'm so proud of him and how hard he works at everything he does.  I miss him a lot though and so I posted some photos of him when he was little. I can't believe he's 15 now.  Where has the time gone.  




Age Two, Portland
Two days old, all 4 pounds 15 ounces of him.
One year old, Durango, Colorado
Age Four, Hawaii
Age Four, First day of Preschool, Portland

Age 3, Portland

2 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

I'm sure your visit as quick as it was meant the world to him. You're such a good Mom! Those were such cute pictures, too.

Iva said...

I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world, I missed your posts and the updates on the family.
I love Jordan's pics(AJ has the same Salt Water Sandals:)
Please, say hi to the rest of them family from us. We miss you all.