Monday, October 13, 2008

Benson Family Reunion 2008


Benson Family Reunion 2008

Holly, Cheryl, and DeAun, two of my sister-in-laws.
Holly with sister Suzy
Me and my Mom!

In August, we went to Island Park, Idaho for my family reunion.  This was the 3rd Benson Family Reunion.  We rented a cabin and had a great time.  We floated the Big Springs Outlet, hiked up to our family tree, celebrated Britton's 16th Birthday and my Mom's 60th Birthday.  We decided to do a family reunion this summer so that we could honor our Mom on her big day (even though it was in February!)  It's hard to get us all in one place at once so the fact that we were finally able to get a date that worked was a miracle in itself! 





Floating the Big Springs Outlet
Brinlee, McKayla, and Maddy
No family adventure is complete without our Mom.  She is the free entertainment and keeps us all laughing.  This is before she fell into the water.  
Here's Jack, the best little dog anyone could have.  He enjoyed the raft trip too!  
Grandma Benson with all 17 of her 19.  I don't know where the other 2 kids went?

8 comments:

Wendy said...

How adorable is Jack???? He's awesome!

Leslie Behunin said...

FUN!!! We love Island Park, too!

Leslie Behunin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah J. said...

How fun! Seeing the sun, the shorts, the "summer" kinda makes me miss it now!!! You may have to give me the lowdown on the cabin, etc. My family is looking for a place for our family reunion next year. Looks amazing.

Bunnell's said...

I love Mack's Inn!!! Fun to see your family!!! Looks like a lot of fun...Next time in Idaho stop in and say Hi..I know my parents would love to see your parents.

Max :) said...

It was tons of fun!!!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

what fun! We love a good Family Reunion. Excited to have your sister (and her family) in our Ward!!

Dean and Jenni said...

K, I hope she didn't have the cam corder still around her neck when she went in! Suzie still looks just like your mom :) We haven't been together as a family for 9 years - don't let these trips stop! I can't believe there are 19 "next generation" Bensons out there - Pretty Awesome Bruce and Ginny!