Saturday, June 21, 2008

Poor Maddy!




Yesterday my sweet Mom called and asked if she could take Maddy and Cameron to Dumas Bay for the afternoon and then do a sleepover with her and grandpa.  Of course, I was game for a little break from having all four kids out of school so I met her and handed off the kids to her.  They headed down to Dumas Bay in Tacoma for the low tide and were having a great time until Maddy slipped on a big rock and cut her leg open.   My Dad called and said they thought she needed stitches so I drove towards Covington and met them there so I could take her to the Dr.  Well, sure enough, she needed stitches.  I felt so bad for her!  She SCREAMED so loud when they gave her four shots to get her numb.  When they were putting the last stitch in, she screamed again as that part of her leg wasn't numb.  I about passed out. I'm very squeamish and should not have looked down as they were pulling the needle hook thing thru her leg.  Uugh.  It was not fun.  I'm not good at this kind of stuff.  Craig is so much better in this department.  He came to the urgent care but he had to leave to go coach my soccer practice for me since Maddy wanted her Mama!!  She's doing better today and I hope she doesn't have too big of a scar.  Poor baby!

9 comments:

ammunk said...

ohhhhh, poor Maddy!! I hope she heals fast!

The Dillon 6 said...

oh Maddy! That's NOT fun at all! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Zappe Family said...

Yikes! Hopefully it will heal well. Not fun getting stitches!

Sarah J. said...

Yikes... that looks like it hurt!

Wendy said...

Ouch! Get better soon Maddy!

Leslie Behunin said...

She looked like her typical cute and happy self today... I would have never guessed she had just been through such a tramatic experience! I hope she's getting a lot of chocolate and ice cream! ;)

Iva said...

Maddie, hope you are feeling better today.Love

Unknown said...

Giver her hugs from us!Suz

Forester Family said...

Sorry Maddy!! I can't believe how much she's grown. Hopefully, it won't leave too bad of a scar. Get well soon.

Patsy